Last Updated: July, 2020
- When you browse or visit our website, https://www.chiefofstuff.com/ (“Website”);
- When you make use of, or interact with, our Website;
- When you request to be notified of our launch;
- When you request to contact us;
- When we process your job application;
- When you take part in our test to become a Virtual Assistant;
- When you make use of, or interact with, our App mobile software application, and any other mobile software application, that we license (each individually, and collectively, “App”);
- When you create an account and when you log in to and use the App;
- When you reset your password;
- When you use our service via channels other than the App (e.g. email, Whatsapp, Facebook etc.);
- When you attend a marketing event, provide us with your business cards and/or provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes;
- When we acquire your personal data from third-party sources (such as lead-generation companies, Intercom, Google Analytics, UXCam);
- When we use the personal data of our customers (e.g. contact details)
- When we use the personal data of our service providers (e.g. contact details); and
- When you interact with us on our social media profiles (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
Table of contents:
- What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used
- How we protect and retain your personal data
- How we share your personal data
- Your privacy rights. How to delete your account
- Use by children
- Interaction with third party products
- Log files
- Analytic tools
- Specific provisions applicable under California privacy law
- How to contact us
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHY WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW IT IS USED
Finally, please note that some of the abovementioned personal data will be used for fraud detection and prevention, and for security purposes. The abovementioned personal data may also be used to comply with applicable laws, with investigations performed by the relevant authorities, law enforcement purposes, and/or to exercise or defend legal claims. In certain cases, we may or will anonymize your personal data. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our services. We may use Anonymous Information and/or disclose it to third parties without restrictions (for example, in order to improve our services and enhance your experience with them).
2. HOW WE PROTECT AND RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
- Security. We have implemented appropriate technical, organizational and security measures designed to protect your personal data. However, please note that we cannot guarantee that the information will not be compromised as a result of unauthorized penetration to our servers. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer, device or network you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
- Retention of your personal data. Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for unless you request that it is deleted earlier. In some circumstances we may store your personal data for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal data or dealings.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In addition to the recipients described above, we may share your personal data as follows:
- To the extent necessary, with regulators, courts or competent authorities, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules (including, without limitation, federal, state or local laws), and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order;
- If, in the future, we sell or transfer, or we consider selling or transferring, some or all of our business, shares or assets to a third party, we will disclose your personal data to such third party (whether actual or potential) in connection with the foregoing events;
- In the event that we are acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer, disclose or assign your personal data in connection with the foregoing events; and/or
- Where you have provided your consent to us sharing or transferring your personal data (e.g., where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional services or functionality).
4. HOW TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT
Should you ever decide to delete your account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com.
5. USE BY CHILDREN
We do not offer our products or services for use by children and, therefore, we do not knowingly collect personal data from, and/or about children under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under the age of eighteen (18), do not provide any personal data to us without involvement of a parent or a guardian. For the purposes of the GDPR, we do not intend to offer information society services directly to children. In the event that we become aware that you provide personal data in violation of applicable privacy laws, we reserve the right to delete it. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS
We enable you to interact with third party websites, mobile software applications and products or services that are not owned or controlled by us (each a “Third Party Service”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Third Party Services. Please be aware that Third Party Services can collect Personal Data from you. Accordingly, we encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Third Party Service.
7. LOG FILES
We use log files. The information inside the log files includes user events (App version, operating system, user ID, and additional data) and any other information your browser may send to us. We use such information to analyze trends, administer the Website and App, track users’ movement around the Website, and gather demographic information.
8. ANALYTIC TOOLS
- Facebook Pixels and SDKs. We use Facebook pixels or SDKs, which are tools that provide help to website
- Firebase Analytics. We also use “Google Analytics for Firebase”. By enabling this tool, we enable the collection of data about App Users, including via identifiers for mobile devices (including Android Advertising ID and Advertising Identifier for iOS), cookies and similar technologies. We use the information we get from Google Analytics for Firebase to maintain and improve our App(s). We do not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information unless we have robust notice of, and your prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger. Finally, please note that Google Analytics for Firebase’s terms (available at https://firebase.google.com/terms/) shall also apply.
- Facebook Custom Audience, Facebook Lookalike Audience, UXCam, Intercom, GA and Sentry.
We reserve the right to remove or add new analytic tools.
9. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS APPLICABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY LAW
- Our California Do Not Track Notice: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents: If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or personal information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or personal information and you specify which content or personal information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you may not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or personal information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us by email Support@getstuff.com.